Saturday 12 July 2014

'If you're Happy, then I'm Happy.'

Hello guys out there who feel like stalking this blog for no particular reason , please stay a while to read this.

Last Time, I forgot when it was, I was watching TV and there was a moment when a character said " If you're happy, then I'm happy."
And then I stayed a while thinking.



It is not a very confusing thought, very simple but I regard it as not  very straight to the point. And I guess, it's a bit controversial, and you'll probably have different views on this.So to start, here's my view :
 We usually say this statement in times when a person needs courage, support  and when most of the time we're  in heartbreaking decisions.We even say it like a catchphrase or instead of saying 'it's ok with me.'
But I tend to think otherwise.
In crucial moments in life, I feel that this line won't apply.And here's an example of why I think so:

My closest friend who I lived my whole life with is going to the other end of the world and has decided to stay there permanently.

Answer : 'If you're happy, I'm happy'

Really? Television might use this line, but for me, it's no way to answer a real life situation. I would have said " I'm happy for you, Good luck, Farewell, i'll miss you and the list goes on..." But I wouldn't say, i'll be happy, because you're happy. Although we can go into another aspect that yes, it can be contagious that i'll be happy since the people around me are happy. But yet, I can't help thinking that this line  might just be a  falsehood, a wall keeping you from showing your emotions/feelings/thoughts. I mean I think that deep down, in situations like the one given above, you will still have negative emotions towards the situation presented to you.

Some people think otherwise though. And I respect that, because i think there are a lot of things to say about it, and everyone will have there own points to this idea. Some people say it to congratulate, others to wish all the best to other people and others maybe don't say it at all. This was just my POV , so now, I want to hear your own thoughts. Feel free to comment below :)

Love,
Yours truly,

Rachel

P.s. Keep your eyes open for new and upcoming posts. We will be revealing some new posts that we hope you'll enjoy  ^_^ 


Credit : We Heart It


No comments:

Post a Comment