Thursday 17 July 2014

The Fault in Our Stars film Review

Hello fellow geeksters and TFIOS fans,

So today, i'm going to give a review of my day at the movies of when I went to watch TFIOS (The Fault in Our Stars).



It was a dark and stormy night....(i'm not sure if it was stormy) when my friend sent me an email about the exact time we'll meet the next day for TFIOS. To be quite frank,I wasn't very excited. The idea of a romantic/chick flick/young adult movie doesn't exactly bring music to my ears. But I went along since I still enjoy the company of my friends (Woot! Woot! All your questions answered people, yes, I do have a life.) Now back to the film. My expectations weren't exactly high for this movie but I think I was proven wrong. To be honest, I didn't mind the book (again, still not my best cup of tea) but it was beautifully written and I really appreciated that for once, in a young adult book , love and life were both very realistic to equal measures. (i'm sure there are more books like this, but this is the one I came across.) It was also very whimsical and funny yet it still had that philosophical thought which made me think. And the movie, well, it did justice to the book (and everyone ended up crying .)


So below, I'm going to summarize my review (since the part above was more like an intro )



Below will include some spoilers.


So when we first entered the theater, there were guys watching the film, which kind of amazed me (although some comments could have been left for themselves.)

The movie started off nice and I liked that throughout the film, when Augustus and Hazel were sending text messages and when Hazel received an email from Peter's assistant (i'm sorry i can't write her name, it's too complicated for me), on the screen ,there was text boxes/speech bubbles/emails with the words and these I think helped the person watching the film to understand more, than just the characters reading everything out.

Like I said, I don't really like these type of films and one of the reasons why I didn't like this film (which I think happens to be the only one reason) is that everyone was crying their eyes out and I think some were going to dehydrate themselves too. I mean, it's true that everyone has feelings, and some people tend to show them a lot more or less because they relate to them etc... (and I completely understand that because I know what it means) but I really don't like doing it. I think I used to but I don't anymore(Yet, it's still no reason, for other people not to do it, they can if they want , it's their choice). So yes, I don't like it and you can call me a heartless soul or an emotion killer or whatever (now i'm just joking here ), but that's my opinion. It was true that it was very moving,  and there were parts of it, like the one when Hazel was going to die which was very emotional and which was the only time throughout the whole movie  when  a tear (just one, literally) rolled down my cheek(yes i do have a heart when I want to ) but the rest, just didn't appeal to me. I know some of you are probably hating me out there, i'm just not very good with these things or in these things.


Overall, to conclude, it was pretty good, but next time, i'll be watching The Hobbit.





Credit : Pinterest 

2 comments:

  1. Hi,I like this post :) I only have one question who wrote this review?? I think Rachel wrote it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah , i did (It's me Rachel, but me and Rakela share this account so yes, the reply is in Rakela's name.) And thanks, I really appreciate it :)

      Delete