Friday 29 August 2014

The Expectations Of Teenagers

Hey you guys :))

Right now I'm writing this on my parents' bed with my mother and sister giggling at something irrelevant under the Air Con on one of the hottest days that I have ever lived to survive through! LIKE ... EVER! (Taylor Swift moment). So, please stay tuned for my scribbles about a teenage life.

This topic, which is the expectations that any girl or boy might find her/his way upon, mostly in their teenage years or even later on, was brought up when I found a Tumblr post of a badge with this sentence on : " I shaved my legs for this?" This may sound silly and extraneous, but it got me thinking about how people expect us to do certain things which either : 1) we don't feel like to, or, 2) we aren't capable of doing them. Not the shaving legs though haha. Admittedly I'm not the best at shaving ... TMI

This is my point of view : These expectations can be mainly found in society itself.

The downs of being a teenager is that parents and family start to await and anticipate for you to, basically, grow up. They expect us to be more responsible, to be more serious and, sadly, stop acting like a child. Another example is when people expect more than we can actually deliver. Let's elaborate. Imagine : you wanting to have a simple occupation, because it's what you want to be and it's what you love, but the people around you want you to have another greater profession which is totally the other direction than your original thoughts.In certain situations this factor is real. The main thing that has changed in our lives when we had this transition from childhood to teenage years is the type of expectations we get approached with. People expect us to behave and dress appropriately when all we want to do is don't give a damn about it and have fun ... At least that's what I think.

Okay I couldn't help myself but get distracted by Jesus Navas' beautiful blue eyes. Note to self : don't get out of point and don't let cute guys distract you from your writing-zone!!

We already know of the MANY problems that society imposes on teenagers. This is one of the hundreds. Society wants us to have this perfect image. This is a huge problem with the result of being fake. Now, everybody might have different views on this and I respect them equally. This is just my point of view. Teenager are so-called expected to be this size, to have straight sleek hair without any baby hair poking out (no judging here), to have no spots on their faces (everybody has them and you shouldn't be shy/insecure about them), in order to be in a perfect state. That's not reality, we mustn't bother ourselves to reach these obligations
. Our main goal shouldn't be to please society but to please ourselves. You can do anything you want with yourself, as long as you'll be happy and it wouldn't be harmful. That's the most important thing. Everybody is their unique self.

I hope that this came as a piece of help/advice to you Geeksters. This was just one opinion so I'd like to hear yours as well. :)))

Croissants, daisies and love
from Rakela
xx
Credit : Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment