Monday 11 August 2014

Maleficent Film Review


Hello fellow geeksters,


It’s been like more than 11 days since I posted something (sry!!). I just am in my final year at school, so I have a lot of things to do like projects, fieldwork, and homework (yes I do have summer homework.)etc...


But yet, I still have time to watch one short movie. I’d prefer to call it Maleficent.



To be honest, I wasn't impressed by the trailer. It was eerie, for sure, but didn’t make me appalled to watch the movie until people have been telling me that’s a really good movie.(Plus, there was Angelina in the movie, and I’ve never watched a movie with Angelina in it. Plus a Disney movie :)


So i'm going to be  totally serious in this. IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! I think if it wasn’t for etiquette, the caps would be on all the post. It was mind blowing; I just didn’t want it to end!!!!


I just have to thank the man behind the screen, Robert Stromberg for making such an exhilarating film!! And all the other people like producers, script writers, the person who actually in real life wrote the Sleeping Beauty, camera men etc...


So, let me get to the movie. Around here (here referring to the internet), I’ve seen that people have mixed feelings on the film. And I kind of get them too.  It is not the original film, like when a villain has his as kicked in some particular way and the prince saves the day. It’s totally different. And I admire the fact that in a film, there is authenticity to it. I mean, no one would be genuinely evil for no particular reason. And in this film, I think the main theme is Maleficent back’s story and why she wanted to curse Aurora. She had every good and bad reason why right? Although this sheds a new light on the tale that was long ago told, it still feels that the original Disney tale was well; I don’t know what to say. Because the truth is, the two films are very close in comparison, I mean although in one of them the villain is Maleficent, in the other film, the villain is shown as King Stefan which has his paranoia lead him to his own death.


So yeah, the two films still confuse me and I’m confused in which one I like best. But i think, on whole,Ii still like Maleficent the best. It’s not every day we get a story of a villain who saves the day and we see that deep down he or she is as good as the prince. Neither do we usually see their emotions, feelings or guilt behind their own mistakes, yet they still try to be nice (we should remember that long before, they were still nice, so some good was left in them that was just waiting to sparkle.)I also loved that by the sense of a 'true love's kiss' it didn't actually mean on the lips  and by a prince.


Most of all, going to the filming part of the film, it was really cool!!! The special effects were amazing and Angelina’s make up was creeping me out with amazement. Even, the set were Maleficent lived was just spectacular and breath taking with strangeness and peculiarity. I don’t know if I’m forgetting anything else. All I have to say is that this film will remain a favourite of mine  and I hope after this review you will watch it and have the same opinion.

Love,
Rachel






Credit : Google images

No comments:

Post a Comment